maandag, maart 01, 2010

De gift van de Liefde Deepak Chopra - Rumi

De gift van de Liefde Deepak Chopra - Rumi

Een serie van mooie gedichten over de mystieke Liefde die mystici beschreven hebben.

A Gift of Love

Because the idol is your face, I have become an idolater
Because the wine is from your cup, I've become a drunkard
In the existence of your love, I have become non-existent
This non-existence, linked to you, is better than all existence

Is it your face that adorns this garden ?
Is it your fragrance that intoxicates this garden ?
Is it your Spirit that has made this brook a river of wine ?
Hundreds have looked for you, and died searching in this garden,
where you hide behind the scenes
But this pain is not for those who come as lovers
You are easy to find here
You are in the breeze and in this river of wine

Rumi



Looking For Your Face

From the beginning of my life I have been looking for your face
but today I have seen it
Today I have seen the charm, the beauty,
the unfathomable grace of the face that I was looking for
Today I have found you,
and those who laughed and scorned me yesterday
are sorry that they were not looking as I did

I am bewildered by the magnificence of your beauty
and wish to see you with a hundred eyes
My heart has burned with passion
and has searched forever for this wondrous beauty that I now behold

I am ashamed to call this love human
and afraid of God to call it divine

Your fragrant breath like the morning breeze
has come to the stillness of the garden
You have breathed new life into me
I have become your sunshine and also your shadow

My soul is screaming in ecstacy
Every fiber of my being is in love with you
Your effulgence has lit a fire in my heart
and you have made radiant for me the earth and sky
My arrow of love has arrived at the target
I am in the house of mercy
and my heart is a place of prayer

The Agony and Ecstasy of Divine Discontent

In the orchard and rose garden
I long to see your face
In the taste of Sweetness
I long to kiss your lips
In the shadows of passion
I long for your love

Oh! Supreme Lover !
Let me leave aside my worries
The flowers are blooming
With the exultation of your Spirit

By Allah !
I long to escape the prison of my ego
and lose myself in the mountains and the desert
These sad and lonely people tire me
I long to revel in the drunken frenzy of your love
and feel the strength of Rustam in my hands

I'm sick of mortal kings
I long to see your light
With lamps in hand the sheiks and mullahs roam
the dark alleys of these towns not finding what they seek

You are the Essence of the Essence
The intoxication of Love
I long to sing your praises but stand mute
with the agony of wishing in my heart

Geen opmerkingen: